MLA Citation Guide Overview
This guide provides numerous MLA citation format examples and also walks you through the NoodleTools citation process for each citation type.
In addition, each example also provides the corresponding parenthetical reference format.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR RESEARCH DATABASES:
Sometimes it is not apparent what type of source citation is needed for a particular database. The Database Citation Guide provides links and/or examples and instructions for citation formats required by several Library Research Databases.
How to Use the MLA Guide
1. Determine the type of source you are citing (book, e-book, journal article, etc.).
2. Click on the link for that source type by clicking on the appropriate tab at the top of the page (tabs correspond to NoodleTools citation groupings).
3. Go the item's NoodleTools Instructions section and follow the steps outlined to access the correct NoodleTools citation "worksheet."
4. Make sure you check the information in the NoodleTools "text box" with the information at the top of your worksheet to make sure you have made the correct choices in following the NoodleTools steps.
5. Compare your final citation against the examples provided at the top of the citation guide page.
MLA Citation Guide
MLA + NoodleTools =
BVMS Library Citation Guide
for MLA Citations/NoodleTools
Create Citations with NoodleTools
Example of Page 1 Formatting
Below are links to several documents that offer guidelines and helpful hints for several aspects of preparing your research paper and Works Cited list.